ASE Certified Master Technicians use these to find & diagnose leaks in EVAP Emissions Systems easily and effectively.
Have you got a check engine light blaring at you that points to a vacuum leak? You've looked everywhere on the vehicle and can't seem to find where the leak is located? If so, then you need to do a smoke test. This unit creates a fine visible stream of continuous smoke which fills your EVAP system. When the smoke escapes through the leak, it is easy to spot allowing you to fix the leak and stop that annoying check engine light from staring at you.
A lot of places charge around $100 just to do a smoke test on your vehicle. You can buy this unit and do your own test and still have the unit for the next time the check engine light gives you a visit.
Creates just as much smoke as a Smoke Pro or Leak Tamer unit for much less cost. The ultimate cost effective alternative to commercially available units to generate visible smoke allowing you to find leaks easily.
Very simple to use and operate that any novice mechanic can easily use. Unit is built with quality in mind and simplicity for years of trouble free operation!
Here are some of the trouble codes that you may encounter that may be caused by a leak in your EVAP system.....
P0440....Evaporative Emission Control System Fault
P0441....Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow
P0442....EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)
P0455....EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross leak)
P0456....EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)
P0457....EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (fuel cap)
- Connects to standard compressed air supply.
- Creates a constant supply of smoke
- 1/4" inlet port so you can attach your quick coupler.
- Air pressure regulated to 1 psi
- 12 volt DC electrical connection - battery clamps hook right up to your vehicle's battery
- Fused circuit and soldered wiring connections
- Makes a lot of continuous smoke
- Easy to use, just hook up to your vehicle's battery and your compressed air supply.
- Uses mineral oil to create smoke which is available at the local store (Wal-Mart) or pharmacy and is very inexpensive (couple dollars for a a bottle)
- Includes EVAP PORT ADAPTER & a tapered smoke tip to easily hook up to different size hoses
- Attached handle makes for easy carrying and hanging of unit
- Whip hose ensures unit will not tip over or tilt once you hook up to your air supply hose
- All units are electrically tested prior to shipment so these are guaranteed to work when you get it.
- Solid electrical connections ensure trouble free operation.
- Operating instructions included on the unit label.
- Attached handle for easy carrying.
One of the most useful tools you will ever own for finding leaks in your car truck, bus, van, boat engine's emission system, intake, EGR and exhaust system or any compartment that you need to find leaks. Use it to find oil leaks, water & wind leaks in your vehicle, small or large tanks or vessels, tractor cabs, vehicle cabs & compartments. Much more cost effective than a commercial unit and just as effective.
Take care of that trouble code pointing to a vacuum leak.